Saturday, July 25, 2009

The 3 Pigs-My Community Cartridge
















My Community cartridge has a lot of possibilities for school. It has story characters and setting pieces for storytelling. It has parts for: The Little Old Lady who Lives in a Shoe, The 3 Little Pigs, The Gingerbread Man, Little Red Riding Hood, The 3 Bears, Jack and the Beanstalk, Little Red Hen, and pieces that can be used to tell other stories. Besides the story characters and setting pieces, there are community members, vehicles and graphics that can used to make signs for the classroom. This is definitely a cartridge to get if you are a teacher. I'm sure I will get lots of use from this cartridge. Look for this cartridge on ebay. I bought mine for $25.00. (It is $89 at Michaels and other stores.)
Making the 3 Pigs
1. Cut pigs from chipboard (.22 this is for durability). Use the blackout feature, deep cut blade, multi-cut (2), speed 2, pressure 5. I cut mine at 6 1/2". I tried 7", but the clothes can only go as big as 6 1/2 on a 12 X 12 piece of paper.
2. Cut pigs from flesh colored cardstock. Regular blade, speed 5, pressure 5. I did not use the blackout feature because I wanted the face to be outlined, but if you are going to stamp or draw the face you could use the blackout feature.
3. Glue the cardstock on the chipboard.
4. Make the clothes. Press layers and the pig key. I cut the clothes out of 5 different pieces of cardstock so I could mix and match clothing.
5. Put stitching marks on the clothes.
6. Glue clothes to the pig.
7. Glue on eyes and add any embellishments.

Next project: the wolf and houses

No comments:

Post a Comment